By admin | August 1, 2013
By Richard Allen
The last race for the Camping World Truck Series was held on July 24 at the Eldora Speedway in Ohio. This weekend, the trucks will compete at the Pocono Raceway. It would be hard to imagine a greater contrast between two racing venues as going from a half-mile dirt track to a 2.5 mile paved triangle.
Due to the big change, teams have posted a list of helpful reminders inside their trucks so that drivers will better be able to handle the contrasting tracks. The crack investigative team at RacingWithRich.com has obtained one of those lists.
Here is that list:
1. You can throw the dust mask away.
2. You can throw out the reminder to praise Tony Stewart in your post-race interview.
3. Do not throw away the ‘Watch out for John Wes Townley’ reminder. That still holds true no matter what the track.
4. Remember that the straightaways at Pocono are a bit longer than those at Eldora. We got a pillow pet from Trevor Bayne so you can set the cruise control and take a snooze on the front stretch.
5. Remember that there are no five minute pit stops during this race so hit the restroom before we get going.
6. Do not get on the radio and ask NASCAR to put more water on this track.
7. Despite what it says in the movie “Cars”, DO NOT turn right to go left on this track.
8. We removed the windshield wipers and cleaning spray so don’t look for it.
9. Don’t try that power slide through the turns thing this weekend.
10. Don’t read these warnings while driving around Pocono because… LOOK OUT FOR THAT DEER!!!
Topics: Articles |